Monday, September 8, 2008

Something else interesting about Rangel's Property

I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist or anything, but this is an interesting "coincidence" that I dug up on my own and will start sending out to others.

Interesting that the Resort that Rangel has property ownership, had federal contracts written to them by the State department in FY2006 and FY2007.

http://www.fedspending.org/fpds/fpds.php?&parent_id=256535&sortby=u&datype=T&reptype=r&database=fpds&detail=2

It's easy to find on the Internet via fed spending database. I can't find the initial Request for Proposal. Maybe someone out there can find it, it was supposedly "competitively bid" but no one else bid. Sure. I wonder what Ways and Means this contract was handed out? Of course, this could all be a coincidence. Rangel has been a powerful member of the Ways and Means Committee since 1997 and I am sure has influence over caribbean contract proposals from the State Department. I just hope when the State Dept. gave the contract, Rangel didn't benefit in some way.......Wonder what Charlie's rental income was for those years? If you can find anyone looking into this let me know. I have googled everywhere and the property receiving "large" fed contracts in FY2006 and 2007 hasn't been discussed anywhere.

No comments: