Friday, September 5, 2008

Why Obama and I are a Couple of Wussies

Yesterday Obama complained about the attacks by the Republicans and told the press
"By the way, I've been called worse on the basketball court. It's not that big a deal," .
Man, he is tough guy with thick skin. Obama has survived the verbal attacks of the basketball court and lived to run for president. I too have suffered from the verbal banter of the basketball court. I am tougher man for it too.

I went into last night's McCain speech feeling that Obama and I have something in common, we can handle any kind of verbal attacks because of our basketball court experiences. I yawned through Tom Ridges speech feeling invincible. As I was about to snooze, the introduction video for McCain played describing the tourture he experienced, the confinement for 5.5 years in a Hanoi prison and his self determination to recover and move forward with his life. For the first time it really hit me, this man is tough as nails.

Who do I want staring at our enemies, a man who can take a verbal jab on the basketball court or a man that has looked our enemies straight in the eye, absorbed their literal body blows and continued to fight the fight.

Obama, you and I are verbally tough guys. Our sensitivity to basketball court banter has developed scars for our sensitive selves, but when it comes to being physically and mentally tough, Obama and I are a couple of wussies when you compare us to John McCain or the many others that have served this country.

In a dangerous world, who do you want leading the nation? The basketball court tough guy or the worldly tough guy?

No comments: